JLF Counseling Services
Jessica Fowler, LCSW
945 E. Henrietta Road, Suite 7A
Rochester, NY 14623
The rate for a 50 minutes counseling session are listed below:
- Individual sessions: $80.00
- Couples and families: $90.00
Forms of payment: cash, check or most major credit cards. Payment is due at the time of service.
I currently do not accept insurance at this time for a variety of reasons. However, insurance may cover part of your session (please see below).
1. Accepting insurance at this time would increase the cost of sessions due to the addition paperwork required by insurance companies.
2. Certain paperwork will become part of a client’s permanent medical record (such as diagnosis, progress reports and treatment plans). Insurance companies can also determine the number of sessions.
If using insurance, client’s often find themselves still responsible for much of their own session. However, there is a way that insurance may cover part of your session.
I am considered an out of network provider and many insurance companies may reimburse you for part of the session. What this means is that you are responsible for your deductible (determined by your insurance plan) and then you can be reimbursed for part of your session. This is determined by your insurance company but could be around 50-60%. You are able to talk to your insurance company about out of network coverage. Please also note that many co-pays for behavioral health may be expensive and my prices are comparable to what you would be paying for a co-pay.
When contacting your insurance company, ask about the following:
- Do you have out of net work coverage for mental health benefits?
- What is your deductible amount?
- What is your reimbursement rate?
- How many sessions per calendar year does the plan cover?
- Is there a limitation on how much your provider will pay per session?
- Is approval from your primary care physician required?
Many of the reasons that people seek counseling services do not meet criteria for a clinical diagnosis and are actually just seeking out assistance for normal life problems.